Download Your ThrillingTheme
Click below to download your copy of my premium ThrillingTheme for WordPress 3.0+
- If you’re brand new to WordPress, follow this easy, step-by-step tutorial to set up your first blog or website in 60 minutes or less.
- Get on the free email list below for free future updates and WordPress help.
- See below for Installation instructions and Help & Support info.
Please Enter Your Email Below to Register Your Theme
Get notified whenever there are ThrillingTheme updates, bug fixes & improvements, plus some useful free blogging tips and resources.
Need a Place to Host Your Blog??
In my experience, the best web host with the best uptime, most attentive and helpful service for the best price is BlueHost. I truly recommend them, going with them would have saved me 4 years of nightmares with DreamHost. Don’t make the mistake I made. Here’s easy instructions to install your WordPress website/blog on BlueHost in 60 minutes or less.
- Download ‘ThrillingTheme.zip’ with the link above and unzip the file.
- Upload the entire ‘ThrillingTheme’ directory via FTP to your server and place it in the ‘/wp-content/themes/’ folder.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and click on the Appearance > Themes tab. Now click on the Thrilling Theme to activate it.
- Note: When first activating the theme, the preview pane may show that the theme contains “errors”, but this is only because you haven’t configured the theme options yet.
- Complete all of the required inputs on the Thrilling Theme Options page (in the WP admin panel) and click “Save Changes”.
I highly recommend the following plugins with your ThrillingTheme for best results:
General Public License
ThrillingTheme is based largely on the GPL-licensed WooThemes framework and other open-source code, and is therefore itself made available publicly as free software licensed under the GNU GPL 3.0 license. Free to download, and free to share. You’ll totally earn good karma if you leave the footer links intact and link to this article to help spread the word, but you’re entirely free to use it anyway you like for your commercial or personal blog, modify, alter, improve upon and redistribute ThrillingTheme to your heart’s content.
Help & Support
If you have bug reports, please leave your comments here. I can’t provide free support for this theme, but I will do my best to keep it updated and fix any major errors that you guys report here. If you urgently need help customizing ThrillingTheme for your site, I am for hire.
- How to add featured images to your blog posts on the Add New Post page (click me) (reader video)
- How to get your Twitter image URL to add to the sidebar widget (click me)
- How to use page templates to add an Image Gallery, Sitemap or Archives page to your blog (on the Add New Page panel)
- If you already use an existing custom field to generate image thumbnails on your site, read this for instructions to incorporate your existing thumbnails/featured images
- IF YOU HAVE ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE THEME.
- If you have trouble with Twitter updates not showing up, read this.
- If you have trouble with featured images not showing up, first try using JPG images. On many servers, PNG files will not work, for example.
- Next, try clearing the image cache located in the ‘/wp-content/themes/ThrillingTheme/cache/’ directory.
- If that doesn’t help, right-click on the post page and view Page Source. Check the source of the image file, on some servers you may need to change the file path in thumb.php. (More in this comment here, or ask your host)
- If you still have problems with the image resizer, try these 3 fixes and make sure your host is running PHP 5.
- Ask your host if Apache is running under the same user as your WordPress blog to ensure WordPress can write to the filesystem and perform all of its automatic functions correctly.
For further technical support with Thrilling Theme, you can call WordPress HelpCenter at 303-395-1346 to get help from a WordPress expert. Provide code ’14406′ for Thrilling Theme help.
Love ThrillingTheme? Then please help support the continued development & improvement of this theme by making a donation.
Oct 28, 2009 version 1.0
- Theme released
Oct 29, 2009 version 1.0.1
- Updated header.php, functions.php & sidebar.php to fix updated FeedBurner email subscription handling.
Oct 30, 2009 version 1.0.2
- Removed get_avatar() option from Theme Options page to eliminate conflict with WordPress core.
Nov 4, 2009 version 1.0.3
- Removed legacy code for asides_category & video_category, which caused issues in archives listings.
- Incorporated Raam Dev‘s rewrite of sidebar.php Twitter call using cURL. If you still have trouble with Twitter updates, try reversing this fix found here: http://pastie.org/677368
Nov 8, 2009 version 1.0.4
- Fixed shortcode PHP line endings in header.php that cause parsing errors in some installations.
Nov 10, 2009 version 1.0.5
- Fixed header so categories used in the nav bar don’t wrap in to the main content area.
- Updated styling on the welcome message in the header so it properly centers vertically no matter how much text you enter!
Nov 14, 2009 version 1.0.6
- Added complete GNU General Public License information to properly attribute copyright of original FreshNews Theme files to WooThemes/Magnus Jepson. Thanks for an incredible GPL licensed theme framework guys.
- Reformatted promo box & tags in the post meta of single post pages.
- Changed default 300×250 ad slot to point to WooThemes.com
- Properly escaped all database queries in header, sidebar & single page with stripslashes() call.
Nov 30, 2009 version 1.1
- Categories in the navbar are now ordered by count (# of posts in each cat) & limited to help prevent them from dropping down into the site layout (you can edit this in header.php and change the # where it says
- Min-width set to background for rare cases where background image doesn’t extend the whole width of the window.
- Support for WP 2.7+ nested comments
Sep 11, 2010 1.1.1
- Comment-count # and trackback count # fixed.
- Suckerfish.js error in IE 7 & 8 resolved.
Oct 24, 2010 1.2
- WP3.0 integration—theme will now display default WordPress “Featured Images” through the Dashboard panel OR through the traditional 2.7 method with Custom Fields.
- WP3.0+ support for drag-and-drop Custom Menus in the WP Dashboard (Appearance > Menus).
- This version is meant to be run with at least WordPress version 3.0+
June 10, 2012 1.3
- Upgrade to latest version of Tim Thumb.php script 2.8.1 and complete removal of $allowedSites vulnerability.
- Social bookmarking buttons have been replaced with the latest JS and HTML5 buttons direct from Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.